Home > About Us
- Preparations begin between 2-3 A.M. so we can open at 6 A.M.
- We once sold bread on QVC
- We have been featured in the Kansas tourism magazine as one of the best places to stop for pie.
- We have 10+ employees; several have been working here 10 years or longer.
- There has been a bakery at this location since 1978 when it was moved from next door where it began in 1954
Linda Martin, Owner
On November 4, 1995 the bakery/restaurant was opened as a second location. The first, Main Street Bakery & Sandwich Shoppe in Smith Center was opened November 2, 1993. About two years later (after discovering the Third Street Bakery was quickly taking over my life), the bakery/restaurant in Smith Center was sold.
Prior to starting my own business, I managed the bakery/deli for Dale’s Supermarket in Smith Center.
My three children are all involved in the business in some way. This is really interesting only because when all three were growing up they wanted to move away and did not want to be involved in the business. They’re all back!! And they’ve multiplied!! My six year old granddaughter, Remi is amazing at frosting and decorating cookies (no, we haven’t put any out to sell…yet)!! And Cayden, my 9 year old grandson is a fantastic waiter, I just can’t afford him.